Friday, March 4, 2011

Lake Havasu City, AZ. March 4, 2011

March 5th post:  Today we went to the classic car show in Havasu at the local Ford dealership.  They really had a pretty good show with lots of entries.  I always love to see the classics that have been restored.  The average age of the crowd was probably late 60s which is either a reflection of who's interested in the 50s and 60s cars or just that that's the age group who populates Havasu in the winter.  The place is filled with RVers. Here's some pics of cool cars we saw:







After the car show we went to the park at London Bridge on the beaches of the Colorado River where we wandered some of the shops and had ice cream cones.  It was really nice to have some time Betty to simply wander without a plan.  Finally, after a drive around the area on the island, we went to the Javalina Cantina for fajitas which were great!  Tomorrow we'll head for Laughlin which we're looking forward to.


March 4th Post:  We had a short 40 mile drive from Parker Strip yesterday and after having lunch in town we arrived at DJ's RV Resort.  Lake Havasu City is VERY busy with RVs this time of year and we were fortunate to get reservations anywhere.  I called here 2 days ago and reserved a spot for 3 nights at $30/night (cheapest in town).  This is the first time for us to visit Lake Havasu City so we're excited about exploring later today.  Betty went for a swim this morning in their heated pool.  I would have joined her but my back is aching today.

I had the world's worst landing yesterday when we arrived at our assigned space.  For some reason I couldn't do anything right the first time.  These are back-in spaces and it took me several tries even though there's plenty of room to maneuver.  Then in the process of getting unhooked and set up I ran into an open compartment door on the front of the trailer bruising the top of  my head and scraping my arm when I tried to avoid falling down.  The worst part is that it kinda wrenched my back.  I should have charged admission because lots of folks were watching out their windows to see what this amateur would screw up next.

We'll move on the 6th to Laughlin, Nevada.  Our reservations at Nellis AFB (which is only about 3 or 4 hours from here) don't start until March 8th so we're early.  We're in no hurry and the weather is VERY nice right now.  It's nearly 80 degrees today and fore-casted to stay this nice for awhile.

Yesterday I got a phone call from my very dear and kind friend Brad over in Scottsdale who I think had been considering a defamation of character suit against me (if I can judge from an email in which he subtly named a law firm)  because I slandered him in a previous post (you know the huge world-wide readership of this blog).  His phone call was a really nice gesture (or an attempt to get my location so he can send a hit man) so I thought I'd print a short retraction to my earlier comments about suffering his verbal abuse during a previous phone conversation.  The real truth is that we  have grown to love Brad, Jo, and Sophie, and so much enjoy Brad's humor.  And I can't think of anyone who is a higher quality person than he (other than myself, of course).  We're are really sorry to have poor timing that causes us to be in Las Vegas at the same time Brad & Jo are here in Havasu City.  Brad, we WILL connect while your here in Havasu - that's not a promise it's a threat (or however that's said).  Are you buying lunch that day?   DRW

No comments:

Post a Comment